This person reports directly to Justin Spring, Cofounder.
The Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions of the agency. The Accountant will also help the executive team manage the business by providing timely analysis, forecasting and data-driven insights.
Adept is a fast-growing agency and this position affords the right candidate the opportunity to advance into a leadership position over the coming years.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly account reconciliations and schedules
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Payroll Related Accounts
- Prepare Month-End Binder
- Maintain Quickbooks Online
- Month-end journal entries
- Preparation of month-end financial statements, related reporting and metrics
- Report on actual results against budget monthly
- Support project profitability reporting
- Ensure accuracy of employee time tracking data
- Conduct analysis/forecasting to support decision making that will impact budgets
- Management of cash and cash flow forecasting
- Work with outside tax accountant as needed
- Upload and code all transactions in Quickbooks
- AdHoc projects
- Accounting Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel
- Quickbooks experience required
- Self-starter and self-manager: We are looking for someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done consistently on time.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Must take ownership of the role caring deeply about doing the job well and a have a healthy respect for the serious consequences of doing it poorly.
- Excellent communication skills allowing complex topics to be discussed with extreme clarity.
- Pragmatic thinking: Focused on doing what is right for the business based on facts and data.