The Account Manager is responsible for the successful management of their assigned client accounts, and their team’s portfolio of accounts. The Account Manager serves as the direct link between Adept and its clients, managing the day-to-day work, building critical relationships, and ensuring client satisfaction. The Account Manager also serves as key oversight to Account Associate and Executives, supporting them in delivery of work and relationships on their accounts.
The Account Manager will serve as the client’s voice – and is therefore responsible for ensuring the strategies and tactics delivered align with the client’s goals. This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies, and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective guidance.
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client. This person is responsible for client contact, organizing information shared by and with the client, overall project management, account expansion and profitability. The Account Manager thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable making decisions.
The Account Manager develops strong relationships with their clients and is equally concerned with the client’s satisfaction as well as their business and marketing results.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the client’s marketing and business goals at all times
- Proactively keep abreast of assigned clients’ marketing and media plans
- Review campaign performance reporting and analysis to understand how Adept is delivering against those goals
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with client, providing leadership and support
- Ensure that you are aware of client satisfaction and health at all times
- Execute all client & project communications – clearly and concisely
- Ensure all work is high quality, on time and on budget
- Manage against project scope
- Manages client expectations, bringing issues/concerns to clients’ attention before they become problems, offering potential solutions, and advising of potential delivery delays
- Write and transmit detailed meeting notes, key decisions and action items to clients and agency teams
- Develop and deliver statements and estimates of work
- Keen awareness of any and all client risks or opportunities
- Continually look for opportunities for account expansion that benefits the client
- Consistent tracking and awareness of client profitability
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent at building relationships with others
- Ability to present ideas, negotiate and problem solve
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills, for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- A professional manner and desire to deliver superb customer service
- An obsessive attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or marketing
- At least 10 years experience in marketing
- Has held marketing positions with brands, responsible for executing digital marketing work
- Has held client-facing positions with agencies, delivering digital marketing work for clients
- Connectivity: Trusted to deliver, to know their stuff, to step in when needed. Dependable and collaborative - will do what is needed without concern and help others do their job better.
- Clarity: Uses empathy to understand audience needs - steps into their shoes. Takes time to refine communication and be concise, is specific to avoid confusion.
- Pragmatism: Data-driven and logical decision making. Grounded in reality focusing on what is realistic. Results-oriented and fact-based approach to achieving goals.
- Autonomy: Solves problems when they identify them. Takes ownership to make positive contributions - doesn't complain, takes action.
- Storytelling: Keep people interested and engaged. Uses storytelling principles to influence a reaction - is quick and concise in getting to the key points.